Here are some facts highlighted in the independent review of female entrepreneurshp from the Alison Rose report:
- Only 1 in 3 UK entrepreneurs are female
- Only 13% of senior people on UK investment reams are woman
- Less that 1% of UK venture goes on all female teams.
It has been proven that despite the disparity in investment, startups led by women perform better.
- …startups founded and cofounded by women actually performed better over time, generating 10% more in cumulative revenue over a five-year period: $730,000 compared with $662,000.
- In terms of how effectively companies turn a dollar of investment into a dollar of revenue, startups founded and cofounded by women are significantly better financial investments. For every dollar of funding, these startups generated 78 cents, while male-founded startups generated less than half that—just 31 cents.
This shows there is a real need to support Female Founded Startups so we have pulled together a list of community networks, angel networks and funds that support Females.
We’d be delighted to include your network or fund if its not on the list, simply email us here
Raise Accelerator is an early stage startup programme with a female CEO, in fact the only one in the province. If you have an idea, even if you’re not sure if it will work, come and talk to us.
Ulster Bank Back Her Business Ulster Bank have teamed up with Crowdfunder to support more women to start businesses.
– A new pre accelerator programme run by Local Enterprise Office in partnership with NDRC
Impacting Founders – A new pre accelerator programme for NI female founders
Startup Boost – Pre Accelerator Programme Ireland, Los Angeles, Vancover
AwakenHub to support entrepreneurs and a vibrant startup culture across Ireland and support like minded women founders.
LeanIn a global community dedicated to helping women achieve their ambitions.
Ladies-who-Launch celebrates women in all that they do with a particular focus on woman starting something new.
Mums at Work a great group of successful women who work together to learn and grow.
Women Founders Unite a group on a mission to empower founders, business owners and investors in the startup ecosystem.
Women in Business NI is Northern Ireland’s largest and fastest growing business support network for women.
Angel Academe is a fast growing and award winning angel network for women.
Backed VC is a community driven seed stage VC in London.
Playfair Capital is one of London’s leading seed stage investors and has held a series of events with focus on female founders
Rising Tide Europe is a movement that strives to create opportunities for women to thrive.
InvestHer Academy is the go to learning platform for women entrepreneurs who want to get funded.
Female Founders Fund is a seed stage venture fund that invests exclusively in female founded companies.